Drinking too much alcohol increases people’s risk of injuries, violence, drowning, liver disease, and some types of cancer. This April, during Alcohol Awareness Month, Care Medical Group encourages you to educate yourself and your loved ones about the dangers of drinking too much.
In Washinton alone, 33% of all traffic deaths involved alcohol intoxication. (Source: MADD) To spread the word and prevent alcohol abuse in our community, Care Medical Group is joining other organizations across the country to honor Alcohol Awareness Month.
If you are drinking too much, you can improve your health by cutting back or quitting.
Here are some strategies to help you cut back or stop drinking:
- Limit your drinking to no more than 1 drink a day for women or 2 drinks a day for men.
- Keep track of how much you drink.
- Don’t drink when you are upset.
- Avoid places where people drink a lot.
- Make a list of reasons not to drink.
If you are concerned about someone else’s drinking, offer to help.
For more information visit Care Medical Group in Bellingham, WA or call 360-734-4300.