January is Cervical Health Awareness Month. Care Medical Group wants you to know that there’s a lot you can do to prevent cervical cancer. About 79 million Americans currently have HPV (human papillomavirus), the most common sexually transmitted disease. HPV is a major cause of cervical cancer.
The good news?
• HPV can be prevented by the HPV vaccine.
• Cervical cancer can often be prevented with regular screening tests (called Pap tests) and follow-up care.
In honor of National Cervical Health Awareness Month, Care Medical Group encourages:
• Women to start getting regular Pap tests at age 21
• Women to get the HPV vaccine before age 27
• Parents to make sure their pre-teens get the HPV vaccine at age 11 or 12
• Men to get the HPV vaccine if you are under age 22
Thanks to the health care reform law, you and your family members may be able to get these services at no cost to you. Check with your insurance company. Taking small steps can help keep you safe and healthy. For more information, visit or call Care Medical Group. 360-734-4300